Saturday 29 August 2020

We wimped out again! 28th August 2020

 Friday 28th August 2020

Autherley Junction to Wightwick B57

3.25 miles, 3 locks

When I took Monty out for a stroll yesterday evening I came across a boat belonging to one of our Canal Society members - I, of course, stopped for a chat.  It was good to see you John.


With no rain this morning it was possible to take some photos of our mooring - not in the least bit pretty, but we were safe and dry


We were almost opposite Oxley Marine.

The rain started again not long after we set off.  Boats came and went at the three locks and by the time we came to the rings at Wightwick we had had enough, so that was it for the day.  A bit closer to the road than we would have chosen, however once inside we could not hear any noise.

We were so cold and wet we succumbed

All that was left to do was put up my birthday cards - well the three I have on the boat

Our daughter had been to our house this morning and opened the rest which she kindly displayed on the mantelpiece ready for when we get home.

So thank you to everyone who sent me cards - they will stay displayed until at least a week after we get home.  

There was not even a special birthday dinner - we have some steak in the freezer but that will wait until Sunday when I have finished the antibiotics and can enjoy a glass or two of wine!  Good job it was not a 'big birthday' - that comes next year when I hope for better things!



2 comments:

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Oh Happy birthday Jennie! I am afraid my old calendar books with everyone's birthdays and anniversaries are still packed away. I must get one updated and do it soon.

May this next trip around the sun bring you continued good health, security, contentment, real joy in life, and laughter among the company of loved ones. Sending you Biggs big hugs and loads of love!

Jaq xxx

Jennie said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes Jaq. xx