Tardebigge - Thursday 22nd October 2020
We decided to pop over to see how the blacking was going on, however when we got there the front was all closed up and there was no one about. Once round the back we could just see the boat still in the dry dock and it looks as though the job has been done. At least this means she will be there for a few days for the blacking to harden off before she is re-floated.
We were supposed to be going to mid-Wales today for a holiday with our son, daughter, their spouses and the five grandchildren, so the original plan was for Crafted Boats to move Tentatrice to their main workshop at Stoke Works. Just a mere 36 locks. The holiday was cancelled some time ago as with 5 school age children and two teachers we deemed it too much of a health risk for us. Of course, it now turns out that Wales is shut. Crafted Boats asked us at the beginning of last week if we were now going to move her down the flight and if so, they would provide someone to help with the locks. It all seemed feasible until we got to the issue of how we got back to the car. The upshot is that they are going to move her for us. Looking at the forecast for the week, I think we have had a lucky escape!
Whilst there we took advantage of a wonderful autumn day to walk along the canal. At the reservoir I popped up to the top and got some great photos - I think it is the clearest we have ever seen it.